Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA ATX Motherboard
Diversity to the Maximus. That’s what the latest Formula brings to the acclaimed ROG Maximus series. Its Moonlight White armor and customizable ARGB lighting elements ride alongside a hybrid VRM block designed in collaboration with EK, giving you ample freedom to express your preferred build style. And underneath, circuit pathways illuminated with PCIe® Gen 5.0 and limit-breaking DDR5 support are poised to elevate performance well into the future, driving the Maximus Z690 Formula's appeal far beyond aesthetics.
- Socket LGA 1700 for 12th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® processors
- Intelligent control
- Robust power solutioon
- Optimized thermal design
- High-performance networking
- Fastest connectivity
- Industry-leading audio
- Unmatched personalization
- Components & Accessories: Normally delivered in in 3-5 working days - delivery cost: £4.99
- Prebuilt PC's: Free delivery to mainland UK - normally delivered in 1-2 working days.
- Custom PC's: Free delivery to mainland UK. Please see the 'turnaround' option on each page.
All orders are despatched by DPD on a Next Working Day service, and you will be advised of a one hour delivery window, which you can rearrange if required.
- AI Overclocking - Tuning is now faster and smarter than ever before. ASUS AI Overclocking profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration and push each system to its limits.
- AI Cooling - Balance the thermals and acoustics of any build with a single click. A proprietary ASUS algorithm reduces unnecessary system noise by monitoring CPU temperatures and dynamically adjusting fans to optimal speeds.
- AI Networking - GameFirst VI optimizes networking performance by allocating bandwidth in real time based on application usage scenarios and corresponding learning algorithms.
- Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation - This utility leverages a massive deep-learning database to reduce over 500 million types of background noise from incoming or outgoing audio, helping ensure crystal-clear communication in games or calls.
- Teamed Power Architecture - Modern CPU architectures up the ante for motherboard power design by transitioning from deep power saving modes to full load almost instantaneously. The latest ROG VRM architecture rises to the challenge by utilizing teamed power stages to rapidly swing current, while maintaining exemplary thermal.
- DDR5 Overclocking Strength - Comprehensive memory tuning options are the cornerstone of ROG motherboards. For DDR5, the Maximus Z690 lineup breaks performance limits by providing a stacked suite of overclocking parameters for not only high-speed kits, but even entry-level memory modules that have a locked power management IC (PMIC).
- CrossChill EK III - The CrossChill EK III water block leverages a fusion of passive and liquid cooling to keep VRMs operating at high efficiency. The nickel water channel hidden within the block quietly cools the Formula’s MOSFETs up to 63.7°C more than air alone, while the standard G1/4" threaded fittings are designed to integrate into existing setups with minimal effort.
- Thermal Management - ROG Maximus Z690 Formula features comprehensive cooling options that are configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS. Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling, and all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or via the UEFI.
- Bundled ROG Fan Controller - A bundled fan controller card includes six additional DC and PWM fan headers, plus two thermal-probe headers.
- WiFi 6E - Onboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of the newly available radio spectrum in the 6 GHz band, providing up to three times the bandwidth of the 5 GHz band and up to seven 160 MHz bands to deliver ultrafast wireless networking speeds along with improved capacity and better performance in dense wireless environments.
- Marvell Aqtion 10 Gbps Ethernet - Designed to meet the demanding requirements of power users and content creators, 10 Gbps onboard Ethernet provides a new level of home networking. With up to 10 times the bandwidth of standard gigabit Ethernet, you'll enjoy streaming uncompressed 4K UHD videos and system backups and file transfers that are faster than ever before.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C Front-panel Connector with Quick Charge 4+ - USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 adds an additional lane that can boost Type-C data transfers with speeds of up to 20 Gbps. The port also features Quick Charge 4+ technology that can quickly charge devices up to 60 W with a PCIe power supply cable plugged into the nearby 6-pin connector.
- Three Onboard M.2 Slots - ROG Maximus Z690 Formula features three onboard M.2 slots, with two offering support for PCIe 4.0 SSDs.
- ROG Hyper M.2 Card PCIe 5.0 Ready - If users need more M.2 storage or even faster data transfers, the bundled ROG Hyper M.2 Card features two more slots, one of which is a PCIe 5.0 and ready to perform at up to twice the speed of the accompanying PCIe 4.0 slot.
- SupremeFX - ROG SupremeFX audio technology delivers an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection to provide best-ever recording quality. There's also a low-dropout regulator for clean power delivery to the SupremeFX ALC4082 codec, and an ESS® 9018Q2C integrated DAC.
- TPU - The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is an intelligent onboard micro-controller that provides an array of system-tuning features, including the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats and adjust overclocking parameters.
- EPU - With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automactically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode.
- Fan Xpert 4 - Enjoy comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers via either Fan Expert 4 or the ASUS UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
- Digital Power Controls - The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
- Turbo Core App - Intel processors feature per-core tuning, and the ASUS Turbo app makes use of this feature by letting you assign applications to specific processor cores, prioritizing computing power where it's needed most.
- Accurate Voltage Monitoring - Conventional motherboards use single-ended sensing tapped from a location that isn't ideal, leading to a large disparity between the actual voltage fed to the CPU and the value reported to software. ROG Maximus Z690 Formula features a differential-sensing circuit that simplify overclocking and tuning by allowing you to track voltages more accurately.
- Grow Your Gaming World - Gear up with ROG components — from graphics card and monitors to mice and keyboards. And up your game with complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility. The ROG ecosystem is more extensive than any competing brand, so you’ll enjoy greater choice as your system expands.
- LiveDash OLED - The ROG Maximus Z690 Formula includes LiveDash, a built-in 2-inch OLED panel that shows useful information and features customizable graphics. During the power-on, self-test (POST) phase, the OLED shows key stats in simple language using traditional POST codes. In normal operation, the panel can be programmed to show CPU frequency, device temperatures, fan speeds or water-cooling information. You can also personalize the default OLED GIF with a preferred image or animation.
- DTS: Sound Unbound - The ROG Maximus Z690 Formula includes a pre-loaded DTS® Sound Unbound™ app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By exploiting Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment.
- Armoury Crate - Armoury Crate is a software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported gaming products, making it easy to tune the look and feel of your system. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate helps you customize RGB lighting and effects for compatible devices and synchronize them with Aura Sync to create a unified lighting scheme across your system. In addition, Armoury Crate’s Fan Xpert4 tool provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers.
- Graphics Card Holder - Featuring a magnetic base, adjustable slider and hinge, the ROG Graphics Card Holder banishes sag and provides support where it’s needed most.
|Manufacturer Part Number||90MB18G0-M0EAY0|
|CPU Socket||Intel LGA 1700|
|Maximum System Memory (GB)||128|
|Available RAM Slots||4|
|Available SATA 6Gb/s Connector(s)||6|
|Available M.2 Connector(s)||5|
|Motherboard Supports SLI||No|
|Motherboard Supports Crossfire||No|
|Expansion Slot 1 Type||PCIEX16GPU|
|Expansion Slot 2 Type||#|
|Expansion Slot 3 Type||#|
|Expansion Slot 4 Type||PCIEX16GPU|
|Expansion Slot 5 Type||#|
|Expansion Slot 6 Type||PCIEX16GPU|
|Expansion Slot 7 Type||#|
|Power Consumption (W)||0|