Asus ROG MAXIMUS Z690 APEX ATX Motherboard
ROG Maximus Z690 Apex is the premiere choice for those who seek a combination of raw speed and cutting-edge tech like DDR5 memory, PCIe 5.0, and truckloads of power delivery for the most performant 12th Gen Intel Core processors available. Its streamlined layout is engineered for ultra-low latency and maximal bandwidth, to empower users to discover the limits of performance and define new world records.
- Socket LGA1700 for 12th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
- Intelligent control
- Robust power solution
- Optimized thermal design
- High performance networking
- Fastest gaming connectivity
- Industry leading audio
- Unmatched personalization
- Components & Accessories: Normally delivered in in 3-5 working days - delivery cost: £4.99
- Prebuilt PC's: Free delivery to mainland UK - normally delivered in 1-2 working days.
- Custom PC's: Free delivery to mainland UK. Please see the 'turnaround' option on each page.
All orders are despatched by DPD on a Next Working Day service, and you will be advised of a one hour delivery window, which you can rearrange if required.
- Auto-Extreme Technology - Auto-Extreme Technology is an automated manufacturing process that sets new standards in the industry by allowing soldering to be completed in a single pass. This reduces thermal strain on components and avoids the use of harsh cleaning chemicals, resulting in less environmental impact, lower manufacturing power consumption, and a more reliable product overall.
- ROG True Voltician - For truly advanced performance optimization, ROG Maximus Z690 Apex includes ROG True Voltician, a miniature oscilloscope connected to an onboard USB header displays waveforms for a CPU’s Vcore, VCCIN, and System Agent rails. It can also be used to monitor a video card or power supply, and users can even run the True Voltician software on one PC while they get readings from another.
- Overclocker's Toolkit - An Overclocker’s Tookit with hardware-level controls will aid your overclocking experience. They’re quick and easy time-savers designed to help you break more records.
- Condensation Detection - Specialized circuitry allows ROG Maximus Z690 Apex to detect when condensation occurs on the back of the board. Divided into three distinct sections — CPU, DRAM and PCIe — the feature provides a useful warning when an area may be at risk of short-circuiting.
- Teamed Power Architecture - Modern CPU architectures up the ante for motherboard power design by transitioning from deep power saving modes to full load almost instantaneously. The latest ROG VRM architecture rises to the challenge by utilizing teamed power stages to rapidly swing current, while maintaining exemplary thermal.
- DDR5 Overclocking Strength - Comprehensive memory tuning options are the cornerstone of ROG motherboards. For DDR5, the Maximus Z690 lineup breaks performance limits by providing a stacked suite of overclocking parameters for not only high-speed kits, but even entry-level memory modules that have a locked power management IC (PMIC).
- Cooler By Design - ROG Maximus Z690 Apex features comprehensive cooling options that are configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS. Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling, and all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or via the UEFI.
- ROG Water-colling Zone - Dual water-temperature headers and a flow-rate header feed information straight into the AI Suite utility, allowing you to track coolant temperatures and the flow rate of the entire loop.
- WiFi 6E - Onboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of the newly available radio spectrum in the 6 GHz band, providing up to three times the bandwidth of the 5 GHz band and up to seven 160 MHz bands to deliver ultrafast wireless networking speeds along with improved capacity and better performance in dense wireless environments.
- Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet - Onboard 2.5 Gb Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with up to a 2.5X improvement over standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, smoother lag-free gaming and high-res video streaming.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C Front-panel Connector with Quick Charge 4+ - Quick Charge 4+ technology can rapidly charge devices at up to 60W with a PCIe power supply cable plugged into the nearby 6-pin connector.
- Dual Onboard M.2 Slots - ROG Maximus Z690 Apex is equipped with dual onboard M.2 slots, which offer PCIe 4.0 support for the latest GPUs and high-speed SSDs.
- PCIe 5.0 M.2 Card - For those seeking faster storage options, the bundled ROG Hyper M.2 Card includes a PCIe 5.0 M.2 slot, complete with a large heatsink to help keep high-performance storage within an optimal temperature range.
- SupremeFX - ROG SupremeFX audio technology delivers an exceptional 113 dB signal-to-noise ratio on the line-in connection to provide best-ever recording quality. There's also a low-dropout regulator for clean power delivery to the SupremeFX ALC4082 codec, and an ESS® 9018Q2C integrated DAC.
- TPU - The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is an intelligent onboard micro-controller that provides an array of system-tuning features, including the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats and adjust overclocking parameters.
- EPU - With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automactically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode.
- Fan Xpert 4 - Enjoy comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers via either Fan Expert 4 or the ASUS UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
- Digital Power Controls - The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
- Turbo Core App - Intel processors feature per-core tuning, and the ASUS Turbo app makes use of this feature by letting you assign applications to specific processor cores, prioritizing computing power where it's needed most.
- Accurate Voltage Monitoring - Conventional motherboards use single-ended sensing circuits that are susceptible to noise and have to tap voltage rails from a location that isn’t ideal for accurate monitoring. These issues lead to a large disparity between the voltage fed to components and the values reported to software. Maximus Z690 Apex features a differential-sensing circuit that rejects noise and takes readings directly from the CPU and the end point of major voltage rails. This simplifies overclocking and tuning by allowing you to track voltages more accurately.
- Grow Your Gaming World With Aura Sync - Up your game with complementary Aura Sync enhanced aesthetics, featuring preset lighting effects that can be easily synchronized across compatible ROG graphics cards, monitors, mice and keyboards to give your setup a unified look.
- DTS: Sound Unbound - The ROG Maximus Z690 Apex includes a pre-loaded DTS® Sound Unbound™ app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By exploiting Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment.
- Armoury Crate - Armoury Crate is a software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported gaming products, making it easy to tune the look and feel of your system. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate helps you customize RGB lighting and effects for compatible devices and synchronize them with Aura Sync to create a unified lighting scheme across your system. In addition, Armoury Crate’s Fan Xpert4 tool provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers.
- Graphics Card Holder - Featuring a magnetic base, adjustable slider and hinge, the ROG Graphics Card Holder banishes sag and provides support where it’s needed most.
- AI Overclocking - Tuning is now faster and smarter than ever before. ASUS AI Overclocking profiles the CPU and cooling to predict the optimal configuration and push each system to its limits.
- AI Cooling - Balance the thermals and acoustics of any build with a single click. A proprietary ASUS algorithm reduces unnecessary system noise by monitoring CPU temperatures and dynamically adjusting fans to optimal speeds.
- AI Networking - GameFirst VI optimizes networking performance by allocating bandwidth in real time based on application usage scenarios and corresponding learning algorithms.
- Two-Way AI Noise Cancelation - This utility leverages a massive deep-learning database to reduce over 500 million types of background noise from incoming or outgoing audio, helping ensure crystal-clear communication in games or calls.
|Manufacturer Part Number||90MB18I0-M0EAY0|
|CPU Socket||Intel LGA 1700|
|Maximum System Memory (GB)||64|
|Available RAM Slots||2|
|Available SATA 6Gb/s Connector(s)||6|
|Available M.2 Connector(s)||5|
|Motherboard Supports SLI||No|
|Motherboard Supports Crossfire||No|
|Expansion Slot 1 Type||PCIEX16GPU|
|Expansion Slot 2 Type||#|
|Expansion Slot 3 Type||#|
|Expansion Slot 4 Type||PCIEX1|
|Expansion Slot 5 Type||PCIEX16GPU|
|Expansion Slot 6 Type||PCIEX4|
|Expansion Slot 7 Type||#|
|Power Consumption (W)||0|