Asus PRIME Z690-A ATX Motherboard
ASUS Prime series motherboards are expertly engineered to unleash the full potential of 12th Generation Intel® processors. Boasting a robust power design, comprehensive cooling solutions and intelligent tuning options, Prime Z690-A provides users and PC DIY builders a range of performance tuning options via intuitive software and firmware features. ASUS Prime Z690-A offers a sleek, futuristic-looking build with a black and white finish, space-shuttle-inspired design elements, metallic nameplate and PCB cover.
- Intel® LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th Gen Intel processors
- Enhanced power solution
- AI Overclocking
- AI Cooling
- Two-way AI noise-cancelation
- Comprehensive cooling
- Next-gen connectivity
- Components & Accessories: Normally delivered in in 3-5 working days - delivery cost: £4.99
- Prebuilt PC's: Free delivery to mainland UK - normally delivered in 1-2 working days.
- Custom PC's: Free delivery to mainland UK. Please see the 'turnaround' option on each page.
All orders are despatched by DPD on a Next Working Day service, and you will be advised of a one hour delivery window, which you can rearrange if required.
- 5-Way Optimization - ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart. Along with taking care of complex tuning and dynamically optimizing essential aspects of your system, it provides overclocking profiles that are tailored for your rig.
- TPU - The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is an intelligent system-tuning utility that automatically fine-tunes voltages, monitors system stats and adjusts overclocking parameters for optimal performance.
- EPU - The Energy Processing Unit (EPU) automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes energy savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
- Digi+ VRM Control - The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, automatically switching frequency and power-efficiency settings. It also allows you to fine-tune your CPU for ultimate stability and performance.
- Turbo App - Turbo App allows you to define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritize network data and optimize audio settings at the app level, so your system is set up exactly as needed.
- ASUS AI Overclocking - ASUS AI Overclocking is an intelligent utility that helps you get the most out of your build by automatically profiling your CPU and cooling system to predict optimal voltage and frequency settings. Accessible via the AI Suite software in Windows or directly through the UEFI, the intuitive AI Overclocking user interface enables users of all levels. A range of customizable settings are available for seasoned overclockers, and an auto-tuning option is available for beginners.
- AI Cooling - ASUS AI Cooling function will automatically manage and control motherboard-connected fans to ensure optimal settings based on current system load and temperature.
- M.2 Heatsink - Two M.2 heatsinks take care of the three M.2 slots, warding off throttling that can occur with M.2 storage during sustained transfers.
- VRM Heatsink and Thermal Pads - The two VRM heatsinks on Prime Z690-A are significantly larger than those found on earlier Z590 motherboards. Together with the thermal pads, they improve heat transfer from the MOSFETs and chokes for better cooling performance.
- M.2 Backplate - An M.2 backplate helps ensure that high-performance drives deliver peak performance, even when airflow is restricted. The backplate includes the Q-Latch mechanism to allow you to secure or remove an M.2 SSD without the need for traditional screws.
- Optimem II - Revisions to the motherboard’s trace routing provide the latest Intel processors with unrestricted access to memory bandwidth. ASUS OptiMem II technology carefully maps memory signal pathways across different PCB layers to reduce vias and adds shielding zones that significantly reduce crosstalk.
- PCIe 5.0 Slot - PCIe 5.0 offers twice the data transfer speed of PCIe 4.0, making it robust enough to handle new data-heavy tasks. PCIe 5.0 also brings other benefits, such as electrical changes to improve signal integrity, backward-compatible CEM connectors for add-in cards, and backward compatibility with previous versions of PCI Express.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Type-C - Numerous USB ports support high-end rigs loaded with peripherals, including both front and rear USB Type-C® connectors with fast USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 for transmission speeds of up to 20 Gbps.
- Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet - Intel® Ethernet Connection I225-V reduces CPU overhead and offers exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput for faster, smoother data transfer.
- Aura Sync - A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips and devices connected to the onboard RGB headers — and it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable hardware.
- Adressable Gen 2 RGB Header - Three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers are capable of detecting the number of LEDs on second-gen addressable RGB devices, allowing the software to automatically tailor lighting effects to specific devices. The new headers also offer backward-compatibility with existing Aura RGB gear.
- Armoury Crate - Armoury Crate is a new software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported products. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate allows you to easily customize RGB lighting and effects for every compatible device in your arsenal. The software also provides control of settings for an ever-growing number of ASUS products, including keyboard and mouse preferences. Armoury Crate even features dedicated product registration and news to help you stay in touch with the ASUS community.
|Manufacturer Part Number||90MB18L0-M0EAY0|
|CPU Socket||Intel LGA 1700|
|Maximum System Memory (GB)||128|
|Available RAM Slots||4|
|Available SATA 6Gb/s Connector(s)||4|
|Available M.2 Connector(s)||4|
|Motherboard Supports SLI||No|
|Motherboard Supports Crossfire||No|
|Expansion Slot 1 Type||#|
|Expansion Slot 2 Type||PCIEX16GPU|
|Expansion Slot 3 Type||PCIEX1|
|Expansion Slot 4 Type||PCIEX4|
|Expansion Slot 5 Type||PCIEX1|
|Expansion Slot 6 Type||#|
|Expansion Slot 7 Type||PCIEX16GPU|
|Power Consumption (W)||0|