Out of office. Not out of touch.
Your business email, calendar, and people are always at your fingertips and up to date with live tiles. Get it done faster and more securely from virtually anywhere with enhanced Wi-Fi and mobile networking.
Itís your business. Keep it that way.
Keep your data more secure wherever it goes with BitLocker drive encryption. From power on to power off, your device is more secure with Trusted Boot. Stay in control.
Take control of your companyís technology with domain join and Group Policy. Windows 8 Pro is designed to work alongside existing Windows 7 systems, apps and peripherals.
Windows 8 system requirements
If you want to run Windows 8 on your PC, here's what it takes:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 2 GB
- Hard disk space: 20 GB
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
- Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
- Secure boot requires firmware that supports UEFI v2.3.1 Errata B and has the Microsoft Windows Certification Authority in the UEFI signature database
- Some games and programs might require a graphics card compatible with DirectX 10 or higher for optimal performance
- Microsoft account required for some features
- Watching DVDs requires separate playback software
- BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive (Windows 8 Pro only)
- BitLocker requires either Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or a USB flash drive (Windows 8 Pro only)
- Client Hyper-V requires a 64-bit system with second level address translation (SLAT) capabilities and additional 2 GB of RAM (Windows 8 Pro only)
- A TV tuner is required to play and record live TV in Windows Media Center (Windows 8 Pro Pack and Windows 8 Media Center Pack only)
- Free Internet TV content varies by geography, some content might require additional fees (Windows 8 Pro Pack and Windows 8 Media Center Pack only)