DinoPC.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Main Arena > Component & Peripheral questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the DinoPC Forums! Here you can discuss all things tech and interact with like minded enthusiasts and the DinoPC staff.

Faulty Radeon RX 460?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Noobasaur
Noobasaur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NathW90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faulty Radeon RX 460?
    Posted: 03 Nov 2016 at 9:29pm
Hi,

I'm looking for some help and advice with my new, currently non-functioning RX 460 GPU.

Before I jump in, these are my relevant computer specs:

Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
PSU: ATX 500W PSU

So, I have tried to install my new Radeon RX 460 today and am having some severe issues.

Upon physically installing the GPU the system booted up and all seemed to be going well. I got to the point of installing the drivers via the CD when around a quarter of the way through the screen went blank, though the computer remained powered up. 

After about half an hour I gave up and shut down the power and opened it up to make sure everything was connected properly which to my (somewhat limited) knowledge, it was.

I tried to boot up again but this time wasn't able to make it beyond the initial Windows loading screen before encountering the same issue whereby the screen went blank.

I've also now noticed that the fan on the GPU shuts off at the exact same time that the screen loses connection. Does it sound like the card is faulty?

Thanks in advance!
forum_admin View Drop Down
Masterdon
Masterdon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forum_admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2016 at 12:29pm
Hi there, 

in order to try and help you I need to ask you some more questions if you don't mind: 

Have you tried the card on a different port on the motherboard? 
What's the layout at the back of the GPU?
Which connector are you using to plug the screen?
What brand is the card? Is it Asus?
Is the PSU a real 500W or a cheap unbranded PSU? 
Is the motherboard bios updated to the latest edition?

These forums are not an official channel for support, if you have a problem with your machine please ensure you notify us through our official channels.

Please visit our website for more information.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic